Friday, June 26, 2009

Sha' Mone...Sha' Mone!




Michael Joseph Jackson 8/29/58 - 6/25/09

It's still hard to believe that the "King of Pop" is gone.
Michael Jackson, a man blessed with so many talents. Child star, incredible singer (Sha' Mone), dazzling performer. He is the best selling solo male artist in music history & the architect of so many distinct dance moves (moonwalk, crotch grab, leg twitch) that it remains the most mimicked style of dance for todays entertainers. No joke...choreographers make a living imitating this man. lol His sense of fashion was so unique...the white glove, the red leather jacket, the high waters with the white socks. I could go on & on.

Jackson was so superhumanly talented...but in the end he was still human. Yes, he lived a questionable lifestyle. Yes, he was accused of moral wrong doings. Yes, the constant altering of his appearance could have indirectly resulted in him passing before either of his parents. I condone none of this. But still I will not cast any stones because I'm not perfect. Dwell on the negative I won't. Instead I will remember the man that changed the music landscape as we know it. I will remember the man that remains the greatest entertaining I've seen in my lifetime, a man that sold out coliseums, not night clubs. A man of color that became so revered, statues were built in his honor.

There will never be another....

RIP Michael Jackson "BAD"




BTW...I can't seem to shake the fact that on 6/20/09...just 5 days prior to Michael Jackson's untimely passing, Hong Kong based Juice (CLOT) opened their new store to the people of Kuala Lumpur featuring this tee...pixelated image & all. I'm willing to bet my right arm these tees fetch a grip right now.



It's almost like they knew. Don't this seem somewhat prophetic?

No comments: