Thursday, October 2, 2008

FREE THE BIRDS.....GODDAMMIT!!!

Here's the Lowdown....

* 10 Straight years of losing and no hope in sight. Ratings are down, ticket sales are down, merchandice sales are down and no one in charge seems to care. There are several things we can always count on happening yearly: death, taxes, Pac Man Jones making it rain in a strip club, an Elvis sighting, the "Man" fucking with O.J., Tyler Perry making the only black film of the year, and the O's not contending in The American League East.



* Whether we want to admit it or not we are crackheads when it comes to the O's. Every year we can't wait to get that fix. We smoke it up and then we wonder why we feel like shit. We are wondering around scratching ourselves, smelling like shit, broke and begging for someone to help us. You know the definition of an addict: one who devotes or surrenders oneself to something habitually or obsessively. That's us. Every spring we are optimistic that this is the year things are going to be different. They make some half ass free agent signings , talk about their plan to improve, and their committment to winning and we buy it.

* Once upon a time I thought Peter Angelos cared about winning and the feelings of the people in Baltimore. Boy was I wrong. The Ravens have came in and captured the hearts of longtime O's fans. Angelos only cares about spending just enough money to turn a profit. I don't have a problem with him making money, but if that is all he cares about then sell the team. FREE THE BIRDS!!!



* Do you know who is the last everday player to come through our farm system and produce? Does the name Cal Ripken ring a bell? Cal started with the O's back in 1982. That is a span of 26 years without producing an homegrown all star caliber player . Let me put this in perspective for you....

* IN 1982 HIP HOP WAS NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE GRAMMYS. MICHAEL JACKSON WAS THE BADDEST THING GOING AND THRILLER WAS RELEASED. THE TOP TELEVISION SHOWS WERE HILL STREET BLUES, BARNEY MILLER, AND TAXI. E.T. WAS THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR. MARTINA NAVRATILOVA BEAT CHRIS EVERT LOYD IN WILMBLETON. THE 49ERS BEAT THE BENGALS IN THE SUPERBOWL FOR THE FIRST TIME.

* I can't take 10 more years of ANGELOS and all of this losing. The Yankees and the Red Sox aren't going anywhere. Angelos, I don't trust you to do the right thing , so just sell my franchise. Honestly, if you moved the team I would be hurt in the beginning, but I would get over it. I don't go to them wack ass games anyway. The O's are embarrassing to the city and so are you. If it wasn't for the Yankees and the Red Sox, you would never sell tickets. Once August rolls around people turn their attention to the Ravens and the stadium looks like a crowd at a pee wee league game. The Cubs haven't won a World Series in 100 years, but their fans love their team, because they try. We haven't been to the World Series in 25 years and doubt if we will ever go again doing my lifetime. I have divorced myself from baseball until their is a change in my team. I put that on Brad Piff's unborn. Peter I beg you, do the right thing...FREE THE BIRDS!!! It's not just about winning or going to the playoffs . It's about hope and right now there is none. The "Orioles Way" died when Earl Weaver retired and all hope left when Cal retired. None of your former players want anything to do with you. Yankee players will retire rather than play for someone else and they will actually shed tears when they are traded. Mike Mussina couldn't wait to leave the O's and put on that NY cap. Angelos...FREE THE BIRDS, MOTHERFUCKA!



Damn. 25 years seems like forever. I'm out....like Lane Kiffan in Oakland.

6 comments:

Brad Piff said...

Real motha f'in talk right there.

Angelos has been f'in up for too long.

Smh at the entire Oriole organization!!!

Anonymous said...

Smh.

I've been to a few games lately... I miss Cal, yo. I can't even stay until the last ending anymore.

Remember when Billy Ripken was playing for the O's. lol He was horrible.

Unknown said...

I GOT A TEAR IN MY EYES LOOKING AT THAT PICTURE. THAT'S REAL.

SymphonyofStyle said...

yeah good ol' Cal & Billy Ripken...i'm d.c native we all kinda turned our back on the o's
but the memories I have as a kid gointo games at camden yards w/ my pops are amazing sshit Ihad my first beer there lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice ballpark to have such a sorry ass team.

micAh! said...

I would talk shit but my yanks are sitting at home too...