Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NB Luv?

I remember when my homie Vic from Sneakfiend.com visited B'More a while back. He was baffled by the area's fascination with New Balance 498s. The 498 has taken the place of the Nike Air Force One as shoe of choice in Charm City. I can't even explain when or how it happened.

Then again, the how could be the 498's affordability (retail is only $80), surprising comfort, durability (unlike Nike's Air Max 1 which creases like crazy upon any wear) & endless supply of colorways. My daughter can't get enough of them & keeps asking for more pairs.
I'm old school so I swore that I'd never sell out. I would never bring myself to start wearing the hood's shoe.








I could blame this on the fact they were gifts, but that would sound like a lame ass excuse. Oh well...

1 comment:

Brad Piff said...

I know...I know. I done comformed.

But I didn't buy them....and they comfy as hell. Something to wear when I wanna give the Jordan, or Nike, or Converse, or Vans, or Puma a break.

lol