Thursday, August 7, 2008

HOLY?!

I know many people out there, myself included, likes to keep their shoes on ice. You buy a shoe that you covet...and you end up not wanting to wear or soil it up. I still have a pair of concord Jordan XIs deadstock from 2001...my favorite sneaker of all time. Quite a few heads preach that you should wear your sneakers, NOT treat them as a trophy. "Shoes are meant to be worn" is the saying. Still myself, and many others keep certain sneakers far away from the ground its meant to touch.

Then last week...I peeped these pics from a guy on Niketalk who kept his 1999 and 2000 Jordans IVs & Vs deadstock in his closet. Then one day, to his horror, he came home to this.....








Both shoes still deadstock...emphasis on dead.

Granted the owner of these shoes lives in Singapore, but that's a possibility after about 10 years?! The hell with that! I'm wearing everything!!! Vans, Air Forces, Jordans...everything. Cause trust me, 10 years from now...those trophies that you sneakerheads collect will probably be a little dusty. Hey, don't listen to me...learn the hard way.

3 comments:

Maada said...

silica packs man. does wonders, Ive seen a post of someones grapes in storage looked similar. answer is silica packs. not only does it stop yellowing but aging

Anonymous said...

wow,can you get me link to the original post? thanxx

Anonymous said...

I 2nd what maada said. If you know they're gonna be on ice for a few yrs... silica packs