Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Maybe It's Me...

...But I don't see what all the fuss is about. All these sneaker purist are up in arms over the recent Air Jordan 6 Varsity Red release.

Oh no, they used suede...Oh no, It's not infared...Oh no, There's no Nike Air on the back.


Get a damn life!!!

In my opinion, this shoe is awesome. I'm diggin' the suede materials much more than the paper-thin nubuck Jordan Brand has been using of late. Them joints crease like nobody's business. And I could of sworn MJ played for the Chicago Bulls...meaning Varsity Red would have matched their gear better than infared. Don't get me wrong, infared is still a hot colorway, but it was probably just used during the OG release because bright colors were in around that time period.







For all you nubuck lovers, here's a pic of the Varsity Red 6s alongside my Aqua 8s. Yes, the Aquas are made out of the nubuck you hold so dear. But I swear the Varsity Red 6s still look amazing to me regardless of it's different materials.






A dope shoe...is a dope shoe.

No comments: