Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CRS Tee...

I will admit...2007 was a lackluster year for hip-hop, in my opinion. I avoid the radio like the plague because I am allergic to all that repetitive nonsense. Lean with it, soldier bounce, supermanin' hoes?! AAARGH!!!

That being said, there was one standout cut that I played about a thousand times in my cd player. And the funny thing is...it was on a mix cd (Plain Pat feat Kanye West). Us Placers by CRS, the rap group consisting of Kanye "Tuda", Lupe Fiasco, & Pharrell, was so refreshing to me. The track consisted of witty verses from all three solo stars and a mesmerizing chorus by Radiohead's Thom Yorke sampled from his song The Eraser. But evidently I am not the only fan of this song. I recently spied a tee-shirt on Ebay apparently inspired by CRS and the mentioned song. The (Fenally)tee depicts Kanye flossin' some Ato's, Pharrell "Baped" out, and Lupe sporting my favorite brand...Vans, in a nice earth-tone package.

No further news has surfaced about this tee, apparently a 1 of 1, that went for a whopping $117.00 on Ebay. But I can only hope it will be mass produced in some form eventually. Check the pics...

1 comment:

@SeanTheRobot said...

check out this CRS shirt, too

http://lupefiasco-lupend.blogspot.com/2008/04/crs-shirt-for-product-red.html