Friday, April 11, 2008

Vans get Muff'd...

I keep repeating the fact that Vans are doing big things. One of the reasons for their recent success is the innovative colaborations that are constantly done with skateboarders and artist. Think Hosoi, Paul Smith, Supreme, W-Taps,...I could go on & on. But Vans are so "hot", especially the Sk8 Hi model, that sometimes you might want to use the classic canvas backdrop as a spring board for your own ideas...

An example of this happened recently when our own residential K.I.I.T.C. chick, "Muff" Ware, decided to customize a pair of Vans Sk8 Hi's specifically for yours truly. The end result...The Vans x Muff Sk8 Hi (1 0f 1). If you look at the details, the entire colorway of the shoe has been altered from it's original black/white checkered form...down to the stitching. Muff chose to blanket the sneaker with her four favorite hues (pink, purple, aqua-blue, and neon-green). After completing this, the shoes & box were tagged with her name.

I was so impressed with the finished project, that praise was in order. She did one helluva' job. Check the pics of Vans x Muff Sk8 Hi (1 of 1)...










Note...It is unsure if this was indeed a one time thing, or if future "Muff" Ware customizations may occur. Stay tuned for more information.

1 comment:

Muff(Pink2179)Ware said...

I try 2 do wut I do best. Take a blank canvas & turn it into a great work of art. Piff forgot to mention that I also do hoodies as well. Tell him 2 show u a few.
...THERE'S A LOT MORE 2 COME, keep on the look out!

Muff(Pink2179)Ware