Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Inventory...


Yeah...I call it inventory...cause my rooms upstairs resemble a store room. Oh well...Which brand do I prefer? The first pair of name-brand sneakers bought for me were Nikes. So...it's has always been my original preference. Nikes just outshined every other brand when I was growing up. I would refuse to wear anything else...and I damn sure wasn't buying anything else. Flatout!!! One of my favorite Nike models was...the Dunk. They were nice and "classic"...and they were cheap to acquire. I used to go to Footaction and Footlocker and scoop up all the sale joints. $40...$30...dunks were the shit to me. Having been down with Niketalk since around 2000...I always kept myself informed of the "hot-shit". Around 2003-04 the end-all thing was Sbs. Nike dunks with extra padding cause they were made for skateboarding. They were also made in sick colorways and were hard to get at the time. SBs were only sold in Skateboard shops. I was like...I need some of those!!! But I lived in west Baltimore...Where the hell is a skateboard shop?!! After some research...I found out about Select skateboards...the only spot in B'more that had a SB account. Key word...had. Select had just went out of business in like late 2004. AAAARGH!!!

Determination is key thou, ya'heard me! After some more research...I discovered Pitcrew in Frederick, Md and Elite in Va. About 40 minutes to an hour drive to get to both...but I had to have my drug of choice...Sbs. Let's just say...for about 3 years, myself and Nike SBs were close friends!!!

No comments: