Friday, March 7, 2008

Japanese Exclusives....

While making my usual rounds around town...I happen to stop at my favorite local boutique, Shop/Gentei. After chillin' and chatting it up with a few of my peeps inside, Oliver brought out a couple of japanese exclusive Vans from his stash. At first glance, all I could say was...SHIT! I wish I had a japan connect. I witnessed a pair of Sk8 Hi's in a orange/pink/purple colorway that was fire! I'm upset with myself for not taking a pic to post. Oliver also showed us an Era (Fixie Edition) in a white/black colorway that had a messenger bag leather material on the side. Piff!!!

I never knew (but I should have) that Japan received their own exclusive colorways in Vans that the U.S. would never see. Once again it shows how style and creativity are on another level when it comes to the japanese and their fashion sense. Fuck Bape and the fruity stuff if you want...but as a whole (fashion wise), their fusion of apparel and lifestyle still reigns supreme. One of these days we might begin to catch up.

Anyways...Enjoy the Vans Era (Fixie Edition)




(Pics taken with I-Phone)

No comments: