Saturday, July 5, 2008

Manny Just Being Manny...My Ass!!!

Here's the LowDown...

Imagine this. Your sitting in your home watching Around The Horn waiting for your woman to give you that look that signals I'M READY LET'S DO THE DAMN THING, when your front door opens. In walks a motherfucker from work that your not friends with, but you know real well. He proceeds to tongue your woman down with reckless abandon and grope her like he's searching for crack. The sum' bitch then starts telling her that he is ready to go upstairs, so get rid of your company. Yes he's talking about your dumbass. This may seem a little over the top, but this is how I felt when Manny Ramirez (Boston RedSox) hit his 500th Homerun in our stadium (Oriole Park at Camden Yards) and proceeded to say he was glad that he could do it here in front of his fans, family and friends.

I don't blame Manny for being confused and thinking this is Fenway Park South. He has all the comforts of home except for the Green Monster. I blame Peter Angelos (Owner of the Baltimore Orioles) for Manny being confused. Jordan never called the "Garden" his home, Kobe never high fived Spurs fans while he was eliminating their team, Montana never kissed the star and pledged his love for Cowboy fans and Bird doesn't sit next to Jack in the Staples Center. A couple of years ago I took my daughter to the watch the O's play the Sox and I was scared for my personal safety. Keep in mine I grew up on North and Long, which makes Compton look like Beach front property, so I don't scare easily. All I saw was Oritiz, Schilling, Ramirez, Crisp, Varitek, Boggs, Rice, Yaz, Clemens jerseys being worn. I thought it was Redsox jersey give away night. They took over the stadium and threatened you if you dared cheer for the O's. Which brings me back to Angelos. He fosters this losing attitude. As long as he makes money he doesn't care who fills up the stadium. He ran off Davey Johnson and Pat Gillick who believe it or not, ran the club when we were actually better than the Yankees and the Redsox were not even an after thought. Right now Earl Weaver, Cal Sr., Brooks, Frank, Boog, Eddie Murray and even Joe Orsulak can't believe things have gotten this bad. The Orioles Way?! If you have to ask then I know it's truly gone.

A good friend once asked me if I think we will live to see another world series here in Baltimore. My reply is there's a better chance of HBO saying the last season of The Wire was all a dream and Omar is still alive. Nike will actually issue an apology to Baltimore for fucking up the Air Force I before we go back to the World Series. Canibus will go platinum before we go back to the series and Flavor Flav will actually find "real love" before we win a world series. One last thing the Arizona Cardinals and the Memphis Grizzlies will win championships before the O's.

I'm out like Shaq and McGrady in the first round.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell? Looking at that pic, I thought the game was in Boston! smh

Maada said...

Good thing you and your daughter made it out safe haha. Nice post

√W² Marketing Group said...

HAHAHAH so detailed and explicit, lmao

Brad Piff said...

Damn shame...I just can't wash my hands of the Orioles. It's my hometeam...but curse Peter Angelos!!!