Friday, July 4, 2008

SYNDICATES...

Here's some more recent pick-ups from yours truly. From the Vans Syndicate line comes the Vans x Steve Olson Pack (also called the V-79 "S") inspired by 70's skater and punk rocker Steve Olson. Nicknamed the "Olson Twins" due to the fact they come in hi & low models...both shoes feature a black upper with embossed suede snake skin, a white mid-sole and also a white toe-cap. Sort of Chuck Taylor-esque in design, I was impressed to the point that I had to get them both. Hi's for Jeans...lows for shorts.




But while I'm on the topic of coppings...let me NOT fail to mention a shoe I've been anticipating for some time, The Bash. In case your unaware, The Bash is the first shoe to be released this summer from Vans recent colaboration with japanese lifestyle brand W)Taps. Instead of adding to an already established Vans product, Tet of W)Taps was given full reign to design three all new shoes and stamp his brand on them. The first shoe to be released is the Vans x W)Taps Bash S, dropping in 3 colorways (White/Gray, Black/Blue, & Black/White). The Bash takes it's design cue from the 80's B-Ball scene & featuring a silhouette similiar to the Air Jordan 3. The Black/White colorway was copped by yours truly. Only one word needed...PIFF! Make that two...Fuckin Piff!



I passed up on the best Air Jordan Countdown Package so far this year in order to cop these Vans. But having to choose between purchasing the VII/XVI Jordan Countdown Package & A few Vans Syndicates that I will wear more than once this year...the decision wasn't that hard.

I'm good!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't wear Vans, but those Bash things are tuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Yo those Vans are a Good Look-where r they?